Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Jacaranda, My Friend

The other day I pulled into the driveway after a very long day at work.  My eyes immediately went to the emptiness left by the removal of my companion, and friend, the jacaranda that had sat in front of my house for much longer than the 19 years that we have owned it.   This tree provided welcome afternoon shade, it assisted us in cooling down our home in the heat of the day.  Our children played underneath it’s mighty branches.  It provided a safe haven for many creatures, we once rescued a 3 foot iguana hiding amongst its branches from a murder of crows.

I am going to miss looking out my living room window and seeing my friend.  They said she was crooked, was going to topple over, and was a potential danger and had to be removed.  I didn’t see it.  To me she was beautiful.  I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment