Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Puck's Prerogative

Puck is a massive cat, a 20-lb. tabby who carries most of his weight in his low-slung belly.  Puck is middle-aged now, having spent most of his life in pursuit of food and sleep.  But mostly food.  As is his prerogative.


Lately Puck has decided that it's too much trouble to groom himself, and being that his coat is somewhere between longhaired and shorthaired (which makes him medium-haired, I guess), he has begun to get mats, mostly in the hind quarters.  Or he would get mats, if I'd let him.
I've never had a cat with mats, and I'm not going to start now.  So much to Puck's chagrin, he is now getting almost daily brushings, whereas before he was brushed only when he needed to be brushed.

And he absolutely hates it!  He hisses at me, claws at me, runs from me, and tries to bite me.  All of which is Puck's prerogative.

No comments:

Post a Comment