Monday, December 12, 2011

Cats Versus Computers


Cats versus computers.  Computer loses. Doesn't matter where the computer is.  On the desk - on the kitchen table, on your lap, or next to you in bed.  Computer goes on, cat goes to work.

And by "cat goes to work," I mean, cat goes into "hyper-annoy" mode, or "HA" for short.  Each cat has their own version of HA.  For Darwin, HA means getting as close as possible to the keyboard so that, the very instant my fingers stop typing, he spreads himself like peanut butter across the keys.

Lillie-Belle is much sneakier.  She lies next to me in bed, pretending to be uninterested.  And slowly but surely, her body worms its way beneath my arm, over my stomach and ever closer to the keyboard.  I push her away and soon she is once again worming her way towards the keyboard.  Over and over again, until I finally get up and move to the couch.  Where I encounter ...

Twink.  Who in all of her Twink-torti-HA boldness just waddles over and plops herself on my lap.  My lap on which I am trying to work on my laptop.

So I have no choice.  I must teach them all to type.



No comments:

Post a Comment