Friday, December 23, 2011

Twink-A-Doodle Doo!


Most mornings the first thing I see is Twink’s face, that little hodgepodge of swirling tortie colors anchored by big yellow eyes - the big yellow eyes that gaze directly into my sleepy morning eyes.
“Wake Up” Twink screams at the top of her lungs.  I would say that Twink’s voice is akin to nails on chalkboard –  if only it was that pleasant.  Twink awakens me each morning - screaming at me and staring at me.  She’s usually close to my face, staring into my eyes.  I used to think she was staring at me because she was overwhelmed with love for me.  Now I realize she's saying, “I’m hungry, get up!”
When my alarm clock of many years finally gave out on me earlier this year, it was of little consequence.  Twink has always done a better job.  Snooze control?  Smooze control.  Twink works on weekends and Holidays, year round, and is immune to power outages.
Some mornings I just want to say, "Twink-A-Doodle-Don't"

No comments:

Post a Comment