Monday, March 19, 2012

Dogs vs. Windshield Wipers

Driving in the rain the other day with one of my crazy Poms (is there any other kind?), it didn't occur to me that something so essential in a downpour would be seen as a threat by my Barney.  I guess Barney and I had never been out in the rain before ..... because when the wipers went on, Barney went off!

Wow.  I have seen Poms act crazy before (it's what they do, after all), but this was off the charts crazy.  I had to pull over to the side of the road, get out of my car in the pouring rain, and put bonkers Barney in the crate on the backseat.  And cover the crate with a blanket.  And turn up the radio.

Only then was I able to continue driving in the rain. 

Well, I have learned that it's not that unusual for dogs to hate windshield wipers.  There are even You Tube videos of dogs (always small dogs) attacking windshield wipers.  Why?  Windshield wipers are the scary and noisy unknown.

So bonkers Barney will stay home when it rains, and stay dry.  And I'll keep what's left of my sanity a while longer.  Dogs vs. windshield wipers.  It's a draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment