Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hook, Line and Twinker


I never remember my dreams, so waking to the soggy memory of being a fish on a hook was beyond weird. My top lip felt a little wet.  Not until I opened my eyes and saw Twink staring back at me did it begin to make sense. I had been hooked by one of Twink's paddle-paws.

Twink, my bi-polar tortie, is a polydactyl with ginormous front paws that look more like mittens (or paddles, if one wants to continue with the fish-out-of-water theme). Twink is very possessive of me and would sleep on my face (and has) if I would let her. This habit sometimes causes parts of my face, including my lips, to get snagged in Twink's poly paddle paws as she contentedly plays piano on my person.

So off to work I go, not quite sealed with a kiss, with a little chunk of my lip amiss.

Hook, line and Twinker, caught by a little paddle-footed stinker.  And I can't think of a better way to start the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment