Sunday, March 4, 2012

Groovin', Sneaky Squirrel Style


Settling into my favorite spot on the sofa to watch a movie, iced tea in hand, is bliss. But who keeps stealing my butt groove every time I get up? Sneaky Squirrel, that's who.

Sneaky Squirrel sleeps curled up at the other end of the sofa ...  with one eye open. The very instant my rear leaves the fabric, vacating my butt groove, Sneaky Squirrel bolts to the special spot. He has become almost obsessive about sleeping in the groove.

Problem is, when I return, Sneaky Squirrel looks so content I dare not disturb him. Sometimes I share the special spot with him, sometimes I move him. A little or a lot, it's still my spot.

Sometimes Squirrel rolls his skinny self up in my couch blankie and I don't even know he's there. I have sat on him more than once. But why does Sneaky Squirrel covet my sofa butt groove so much?  Is it because ....

A) It's nice and warm;
B) It affords a better view of the television;
C) Sneaky Squirrel loves me;
D) All of the above.

Of course the answer is "All of the Above."   And that's Groovin, Sneaky Squirrel Style.

No comments:

Post a Comment