Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Calico Swirl Mean Girl


Most of my cats are female.  And that means I live in the midst of a feline version of "Mean Girls."  And every pack of Mean Girls needs an alpha - in my case, a Top Cat.

My Top Cat is Lillie-Belle.  My petite muted calico, my girlie-girl Lillie-Belle is Rizzo in Grease, she's Pinky Tuscadero from Happy Days.  She's my little one-eyed tough girl from the wrong side of the tracks, my felonious feline.

Lillie-Belle purrs like a locomotive, cuddles like a cougar.  And she chases down any cat (or small dog) that looks at her funny, or sits where Lillie-Belle wants to sit. Or lays where Lillie-Belle wants to lay.

She will swat another cat from my pillow, or use her mean girl squint to scare another from my lap. 

But Lillie-Belle saves her soft side for me.  It's almost like there are two Lillie-Belle's living here.  One's a mean girl, one's a calico swirl.  I'm just glad that I get the calico swirl, my little pearly girl.  Because frankly, I don't want to be the recipient of her scary mean girl squint.

No comments:

Post a Comment