Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pillow Talk With Puck



I've been sharing my pillow with Puck for more than 14 years.  Sharing my sleepy time, my dreamy time, my "I-can't-get-out-of-bed-time."  Puck joined my family when he was 8 weeks old, and even then he didn't have a lot of kitten energy.  He's always been kind of a sleepy time guy.

I never have to go looking for Puck.  Puddin hides.  Opie and Little Mess are free range kitties, they could be anywhere at any given time.  And I never know which drawer or cupboard Darwin will be in.

But Puck .... he's usually on my pillow.  Or near my pillow, or somewhere on the bed.  And as I approach I hear his purr revving up, growing ever louder.

It used to annoy me, that loud purr of Puck's.  I used to complain that I couldn't get any sleep with that buzz saw in my ear.  But now, as Puck grows ever older, and the buzz saw grows slowly softer, I can't imagine falling asleep without it.

It's the best sleep aid there is.


No comments:

Post a Comment