Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Small World of Sneaky Squirrel


Sneaky Squirrel loves cars and he loves car rides.  Or at least he acts likes he does.  If he was in human form, he would be one of those guys who goes to car shows.  Sneaky Squirrel stops at my car every time we walk past it, lifting his little head to get a whiff.  A whiff of what, I don’t know.  Old car smell perhaps.

And Sneaky Squirrel can’t jump.  When we go for drives, he can’t jump into the car like other littles.  I have to pick him up and put him on the seat.  Whereas Kumquat, whose legs are much shorter, effortlessly leaps up onto the seat - little Squirrel, with his thin legs, can’t jump.

Once we are en route, Squirrel has no desire to look out the car window.  Kumquat and the other littles love to press their wet noses against the glass.  But Squirrel stares at me.  He never takes his eyes off me.  Whatever is out there, whatever the great big world has to offer, Squirrel wants none of it.  He only has eyes for me.

Either he’s still afraid of the big bad world, or he just loves me that much. 

I like to think he just loves me that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment