Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mr. Bossy Pants Can't Dance


I recently spent a few days visiting with my sister.  And I soon learned that just as with people, you don't know an animal until you live with it. 

My sister has the bossiest cat in the history of Catdom.  He is in charge of everything his big round eyes can see.  He is in charge of the birds outside, the hummingbirds that hide, and the fat pigeons that glide.  Most days my sister's cat and the birds perform a not-so-graceful predator / prey dance which usually culminates in one or the other smashing himself against the window.


Mr. Bossy Pants believes himself to be the boss of all things.  He comes and goes as he pleases, and decides who pets him and when.  He sleeps wherever and whenever he pleases and if someone must sacrifice a pillow or two for Bossy's comfort, so be it.

Not a day goes by that Bossy Pants doesn't prowl the hallway, making sure everything is exactly as he likes it.  He likes to scold people (mostly me) as he surveys his domain, as if to say "I hope you appreciate that I have allowed you into my cat kingdom."

And that is when the birds show up and it's time for Mr. Bossy Pants to dance.  Or hurl himself against the window.  Because Mr. Bossy Pants can't dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment