Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cats Versus Water


Cats hate water.  Surely there are some cats that enjoy a dip now and then, or a sudsy bath, but as a general rule, cats hate water.  Unless they are drinking it.

I have had the displeasure of having to bathe many a cat in my life, and not a one of them enjoyed it.  My arms have the scratchy scars to prove my words.  A good rule of thumb is to give the cat a nail trimming before the bath, but chances are you are still going to get scratched.  And badly.

Some cats like to sleep curled up in sinks, and some cats even like to drink from faucets.  And I'm sure I'll hear from people who have known cats that like to swim.

But I have never known a cat that liked water, and I have never known anyone who knew a cat that liked water.  Cats that like to swim? Surely an urban legend ....

No comments:

Post a Comment