Monday, October 10, 2011

Mopie Opie's Issues


Opie the Speed Racer has his dislikes.  And when I say dislike - I mean he really, really dislikes.  Chief among his dislikes of course, is The Little Mess.  Next would probably be scratching posts.

Opie will sharpen his claws on anything and everything, except for a scratching post.  And I've tried every kind of scratching apparatus there is.  He simply refuses to use them.  I've tried every remedy suggested by experts, to no avail.

Opie simply wants to sharpen his claws where Opie wants to sharpen his claws.  Favorite Number One?  Doorways.  Opie loves to tear up the doorways.  It makes a lovely noise that can be heard all over the house, and leaves a little pile of wood flakes in the carpet.  Favorite Number Two is the corner of any sofa or stuffed chair.  Lots of fun there. 

The only thing I can do is keep Opie's nails clipped short to minimize the damage, and cover Opie's favorite spots with the stick-on repellents.

All the webinars and experts and books I have consulted offers lots of tips - they seem to think it's an easy thing to get a cat to use a scratching post.  They haven't met Opie.


No comments:

Post a Comment